Hi,
I am new to knoppix, (relatively experienced with linux however) and I thought i would try it out. I boot up knoppix on a regular windows box i keep under my desk and it boots up great and everything is fine until I try and hit the web. For some reason knoppix refuses to resolve FQDNs into IPs. I am using DHCP and ifconfig and resolv.conf both show the proper information communicated from the DHCP server, and when I run IPtraffic at the same time I do requests I see DNS requests go out to the proper servers, but no response. When I boot to windows I can resolve just fine. This has happened on two different boxes thus far, I am going to try another PC tommorow to try and ensure that it is not my PCs.
Anybody have any ideas why this may be happening?

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1625.00
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed
$41.19
867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99
Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00
Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88
New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99
VMware vCenter Server 8 STANDARD Perpetual License Key VC-STD-C (Legacy Pack)
$1599.95
Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Datacenter 64Bit 24 Core 50 cal Freeshipping
$54.99