-
Remastering KNOPPIX-3.3 to a DVD
Hi Guys,
I have a slight problem with remastering a KNOPPIX-CD to a DVD;
My Problem is this:
I have to remaster KNOPPIX for my university, and they want certain licensed software installed;
so far, so good, I did a HD-install of KNOPPIX, removed some software (ie. most of the servers and games), installed/compiled the needed software, copied the whole data to a new partition and made a compressed image as described in the HOWTO (mkisofs -V ...).
To test ist, I put the image in a 'KNOPPIX' directory on one of my partitions, booted from the original boot-disk.
The linuxrc finds the image, mounts it, but then it does an e2fsck on the root filesystem (AFAIK the miniroot.gz) and tells me, it's not ext2 or something (already seen somewhere else in the forum).
Are there any MUST-BE packages (except cloop), or is there anything special to consider when making the image?
-
Re:
hi, I think I know the solution to your problem. What you have to do before you compresss your knoppix file system image (e.g. to knoppixinitrd.gz) you have to format it.
I'm not exactly sure what the syntax is but I think it's
mkfs -t ext2 -F /<your knoppix directory>
Good Luck!
-
OK, I finally figured it out: First I used a filesystem, Knoppix didn't like; after fixing that, something seems to have corrupted my new image.
Thanks anyway and sorry for the trouble.
Similar Threads
-
By bigbrother in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-04-2004, 04:16 PM
-
By Drezliok in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-13-2004, 06:08 PM
-
By PrOCesSkIlL in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 29
Last Post: 04-02-2004, 01:32 AM
-
By gtgoku in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-10-2003, 02:55 AM
-
By MichielioZ in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 11
Last Post: 04-15-2003, 12:13 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1299.99

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99

Compaq ProLiant 1500R 5/100 rack server, Series 3155, with IBM 2.1GB HD, VINTAGE
$295.00

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$110.30

IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1)
$150.00

DELL POWEREDGE HP IBM SERVER XEON GOLD 5315Y 8 CORE PROCESSOR 3.2 GHZ SRKXR
$1100.00

Lot of 3 IBM 00JY196 ServeRAID M1210 PCI Express SAS SATA Storage Controller
$68.99