-
Senior Member
registered user
I was going to dual boot for a while now I'm not so sure I want to after hearing OG's disparaging remarks.
While I can't speak to version 10 (and kernel 2.6), I recently had the opportunity to install version 9 on an old computer. The install went flawlessly. No video issues, no wheelmouse issues, no sound issues, no network issues. It worked perfectly out of the box. In other words, it was absolutely terrible, and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.
Seriously, although v10 is so new the bugs may not have been worked out of it yet, don't let anyone scare you off from trying it yourself. Since you have different hardware, your mileage will vary.
The best thing about Mandrake (and RedHat, for that matter) is that if you're new to Linux, their graphical installers make the entire installation process completely painless.
The Debian package management system is, however, much better in the long run than working with an rpm-based system like Mandrake (and RedHat). But Debian-based systems are a bit more difficult to install.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus Desktop Computer - M0001A
$150.00

Vintage Apple Design Keyboard Model M2980 Macintosh 1994 Untested
$28.49

Vintage 1998 iMac G3 M4984 Mac OS + Keyboard Working but Needs Some Repair Read
$295.00

Apple Power Macintosh PowerPC 7300/200 VTG w Keyboard Mouse Storage Drive Read
$199.99

Vintage Apple 3.5 Drive A9M0106 External 800K Floppy IIgs Mac Tested Working
$124.99

Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus Desktop Computer - M0001A
$155.00

5x Vintage Apple Macintosh II NuBus Cards 630-4179 NI GPIB DIO Asante Ethernet
$239.95

Rare Vintage Macintosh Apple Wooden Disk Storage Box Dovetailed
$69.95

Apple Macintosh DuoDock Duo Dock M7779 & Powerbook 230 Vintage Mac RARE Vintage
$249.00

Macintosh Pascal Lowell Carmony Robert Holliday Vintage 1985 Apple Mac Tech Book
$25.00