Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: .xsession-errors filled ALL my free space!

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Midlands, UK
    Posts
    145

    .xsession-errors filled ALL my free space!

    In my /home directory I found a file called .xsession-errors which had filled all of my free space up! - your talking GB! I deleted it and it's slowly filling again. I can only assume that it's been filling for months. At the moment, the most common entry is:-

    kdecore (KAction): WARNING: KActionCollection::KActionCollection( QObject *parent, const char *name, KInstance *instance )

    But there are others.....

    Should I be particularly worried about this? - is it normal to have 'random' errors appear in this file?

    Not only this, but I've started to take notice of the amount of disk space I have available and I'm convinced I've lost a load. Maybe I have a problem HD? I think I might boot from the live CD and run 'fsck'....

    Bad day!

    Stu.....

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    6
    You shouldn't worry. I delete that file all the time. Mine fills up when KDE crashes. And still everything works file so delete away...

Similar Threads

  1. Knoppix Free Space using Partimage
    By hroush in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-12-2005, 02:10 PM
  2. Free Space Help
    By wiccaan in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-30-2005, 01:04 AM
  3. Common "active" partitions free space?
    By Cuddles in forum General Support
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-24-2004, 03:22 PM
  4. Many Errors at .xsession-errors file ...
    By mikekgr in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-30-2004, 08:01 AM
  5. Changing free space
    By Skidmark in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-06-2003, 06:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage Intel SDK-86 8086 Microprocessor System Design Kit Evaluation Board⁠ picture

Vintage Intel SDK-86 8086 Microprocessor System Design Kit Evaluation Board⁠

$599.00



Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS picture

Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS

$228.19



Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used picture

Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used

$55.99



Vintage Apple iMac G4 15

Vintage Apple iMac G4 15" Lamp 700MHz 512MB Mac OS X 10.4.6 W/ Pro Speakers

$300.00



Vintage GA-5AX ALi Aladin & SN2000P  LAN Card Manuals & Driver Floppies Lot picture

Vintage GA-5AX ALi Aladin & SN2000P LAN Card Manuals & Driver Floppies Lot

$30.00



VINTAGE APPLE COMPUTER MONITOR Mdl# G090H w/Stand Jun1984 POWERS ON*REPAIR*B4100 picture

VINTAGE APPLE COMPUTER MONITOR Mdl# G090H w/Stand Jun1984 POWERS ON*REPAIR*B4100

$110.00



Vintage Cubix A2870 + 2x A2310 QL 2286 Video Module ISA Boards 1989  Untested  picture

Vintage Cubix A2870 + 2x A2310 QL 2286 Video Module ISA Boards 1989 Untested

$207.92



Vintage Compaq Presario 1800-XL1 Laptop Computer 1456VQL1N w Win Key picture

Vintage Compaq Presario 1800-XL1 Laptop Computer 1456VQL1N w Win Key

$34.99



Vintage Teac FD-505 5.25

Vintage Teac FD-505 5.25" 3.5" Combo Drive 19307571-00

$199.99



VINTAGE COLLECTIBLE Comp USA Maxtor 20 GB 3.5 Inch EIDE Hard Drive NEW SEALED picture

VINTAGE COLLECTIBLE Comp USA Maxtor 20 GB 3.5 Inch EIDE Hard Drive NEW SEALED

$500.00