Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: CD-RW problem. I can't write on a CD

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    1

    CD-RW problem. I can't write on a CD

    Hello. I am a user of knoppix 3.3. I have installed it some days ago. But when I try to write a CD I can't. I can mount the CD but when I run the k3b it says there's no cd device, this as common user. But if I was root the k3b find the cd device and I can write, clean cd, etc....

    That is a problem security of my system? Or I ought to make modifications in my system?. How I can make that my cd-r works?
    (It's a LG).


    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    colorado springs, colorado
    Posts
    1,933
    Well first of all you do not mount a cd to burn it. Secondly you likely have to configure K3B before it will work. Sorry I have no use for a GUI to burn cd's so I'm of little help there. Search around here to see how they do it.

    Is your cdrom correctly identified?

    ls -al /dev/cdrom

    Most Linux apps will expect your cdrom to be named /dev/cdrom. If not just link it.

    ln -s /dev/scd0 /dev/cdrom

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    361
    Quote Originally Posted by rickenbacherus
    Secondly you likely have to configure K3B before it will work.
    K-->System-->K3b Setup

Similar Threads

  1. I CANNOT WRITE TO MY HD!!!!
    By mimes in forum General Support
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-20-2004, 12:24 AM
  2. Mounting/Write-Permission problem.
    By Slay3r in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-26-2004, 11:45 PM
  3. cant write to hdd
    By boo ya in forum General Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-16-2004, 12:41 PM
  4. Cannot write to hd HELP!
    By Juggalo_X in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-08-2003, 06:34 AM
  5. Can't Write to HD (Fat)
    By primetime in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-22-2003, 05:21 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


AfterTheMac MacWireless USB 802.11g/b WiFi Adapter Vintage Apple Mac G3 G4 G5 picture

AfterTheMac MacWireless USB 802.11g/b WiFi Adapter Vintage Apple Mac G3 G4 G5

$49.99



Apple iic A2S4000 vintage computer picture

Apple iic A2S4000 vintage computer

$200.00



Vintage Apple Newton MessagePad 130 PDA - Working, Clean + Batteries & Extras picture

Vintage Apple Newton MessagePad 130 PDA - Working, Clean + Batteries & Extras

$149.99



Vintage Apple Rainbow Metal Case Emblem Logo rectangle picture

Vintage Apple Rainbow Metal Case Emblem Logo rectangle

$49.99



Vintage Apple Macintosh LC II — Recapped, Restored & Working — System 7.1, 80MB picture

Vintage Apple Macintosh LC II — Recapped, Restored & Working — System 7.1, 80MB

$159.00



Vintage Apple FireWire Card Software Installation CD-ROM 1998 Macintosh picture

Vintage Apple FireWire Card Software Installation CD-ROM 1998 Macintosh

$19.00



Rare Vintage Apple Computer Promo Set Rainbow Logo Towel Polo Shirt Report Pad picture

Rare Vintage Apple Computer Promo Set Rainbow Logo Towel Polo Shirt Report Pad

$199.99



Lot of 3 VIntage  Apple Computer Rainbow Logo Sticker Decal Macintosh 1980s NOS picture

Lot of 3 VIntage Apple Computer Rainbow Logo Sticker Decal Macintosh 1980s NOS

$7.00



Vintage Apple Multiple Scan 15av Display Monitor M4681 picture

Vintage Apple Multiple Scan 15av Display Monitor M4681

$299.99



3 Boxes-Vintage Apple Claris Macwrite MacPaint MacDraw - Sealed - NOS Rare 1988 picture

3 Boxes-Vintage Apple Claris Macwrite MacPaint MacDraw - Sealed - NOS Rare 1988

$74.99