Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Umm.. arrow keys sometimes don't work in textmode programs

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    2

    Umm.. arrow keys sometimes don't work in textmode programs

    -2 week n00b
    After mutilating countless hd installs I decided to create an image of the partition. (Gotta break it to learn it ) I went to use partimage but I'm not able to use the arrow keys to select the partiton in the list (I know I can just commandline the procedure but thats not the point). At the same time the function key assignments of partimage don't work either inside bash/konsole. I was going to dismiss this as some weird isolated problem until I went to mess with apt-get upgrade. The CUPs configuration menu came up asking me to select backends but the damn arrows keys failed to work again. I checked language and keyboard layout settings and everything looks kosher. Arrow keys do work in bash to 'scroll' thru command history... what am I missing here?

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    2

    Solution

    After some more tinkering I've found the problem was the shared Newt library [libnewt0.51] that comes default on Knoppix 3.3

    So any programs based on Newt will not fully function on knoppix 3.3 without updating.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-03-2005, 07:14 AM
  2. textmode (i.e. the startup scroll and /dev/tty1) out of sync
    By ocschwar in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-13-2005, 09:19 PM
  3. toshiba and F12 keys
    By metavoid in forum Laptops
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-12-2005, 01:22 PM
  4. knoppix console in textmode
    By CapnKirk in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-14-2004, 07:26 PM
  5. OpenOffice Keys
    By Viro in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-09-2003, 11:06 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT picture

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT

$7.99



NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping* picture

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*

$24.00



Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter picture

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter

$27.50



FS SFP1G-ELX-31  Transceiver Module 1G MULTI MODE  picture

FS SFP1G-ELX-31 Transceiver Module 1G MULTI MODE

$40.00



Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver picture

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver

$5.40



HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port  PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+ picture

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+

$16.99



10Gtek ASF-10G-T 10GBase-T SFP+ to RJ45 Copper Transceiver Module picture

10Gtek ASF-10G-T 10GBase-T SFP+ to RJ45 Copper Transceiver Module

$19.98



Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA picture

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA

$28.94



Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module picture

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module

$699.99



Lot of 9 Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 10-2415-03 V03 10GBASE-SR SFP+ Transceiver picture

Lot of 9 Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 10-2415-03 V03 10GBASE-SR SFP+ Transceiver

$59.99