-
Knoppix 3.4 and NTFS write
Hi all,
I am searching the partition management (creation/resizing) and partition backup/restore solution, able to deal with NTFS partitions. I plan to use the software on the HP nx7000 notebook with the external HDD connected via USB 2.0.
I have tried Windows-based solutions, but they usually have problems with the restore to the partition, which is currently running.
I understand, that Knoppix, as a system running from CD, does not use HDD, and does not have this problem, as described above. I only need the read/write NTFS filesystem support, so that I can safely backup and restore my partitions.
Version 3.4 is supposed to use Captive driver (through Wine?). What is your opinion - is this solution safe enough for my needs described above? I really have important data to backup 
Thanks in advance for your replies
Tomasz Lisowski
Similar Threads
-
By entropy8 in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-19-2005, 12:02 AM
-
By Arrummzen in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 20
Last Post: 01-06-2005, 01:35 AM
-
By terminator in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-12-2004, 10:52 PM
-
By TheTempest in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-27-2004, 08:44 PM
-
By bluewhale in forum General Support
Replies: 28
Last Post: 03-04-2004, 03:03 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Supermicro CSE-732 Mid-Tower Server Chassis w/ Supermicro X10DRi 2x Xeon E5-2620
$325.00

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99

HP Proliant MicroServer HSTNS-5151 AMD Turion II Neo N40L CPU @ 1.50GHz 16Gb RAM
$174.99

SuperMicro 4U CSE 847 36 Bay LFF Barebone 2x 1280W w/ 2x Bays 2.5 Rear w/Trays
$499.99

Supermicro 505-2 Server
$280.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99