-
lilo bootloader won't take new kernel
I successfully installed and am running knoppix, I set up my apt sources and downloaded the lastest debian kernel-sources-2.6.4 package off testing. I compiled the kernel without problem, and then I did a dpkg -i MyKernel2.6.4.deb. When I did this it gave me the usual prompt about running lilo and I said yes.... No errors at all, but if I look at lilo.conf there was no new entry for my new kernel image and when I reboot it just takes me to the same old 2.4 kernel. Why isn't dpkg installing my new kernel into lilo????
-ryan
Similar Threads
-
By kuser123 in forum Ideas
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-11-2004, 12:39 AM
-
By tweety77 in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-04-2004, 09:43 PM
-
By rusty in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 02-02-2004, 05:41 AM
-
By sobriquet in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-29-2004, 11:24 PM
-
By sstrange in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 10-15-2003, 09:30 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

Supermicro 505-2 Server
$280.00

Windows Server 2022 | Intel 18-Core Xeon | 32GB ECC DDR4 | 256GB SSD + 3TB HDD
$799.00

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99

SUPERMICRO CSE-836 XEON E5-1620 v3 @ 3.50GHz, 32GB RAM, NO HDD/OS
$299.99

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$187.50