I am trying to decide what Linux dist to laod onto my computer - I have seen Knoppix work through the CD. Is there any benefits to chosing Knoppix over another distrubution such as Fedora Core? Any benefits that Fedora may have over Knoppix?
I am trying to decide what Linux dist to laod onto my computer - I have seen Knoppix work through the CD. Is there any benefits to chosing Knoppix over another distrubution such as Fedora Core? Any benefits that Fedora may have over Knoppix?
Knoppix is great because there is no installation needed. It has impeccable hardware recognition, and is great for showing others the benifits of Linux.
Fedora is a good distro, in my opinion because it is being developed quickly and it has a clear map of how it is being developed. It is clean looking once installed and it is one of the better distros to install.
I have yet to find a distro that works as nice as Knoppix, but if I was to pick a free distro to install it would be Fedora.
hi you can install Knoppix to the harddrive by using the command "sudo knoppix-installer" (usually took less than 20 minutes)Originally Posted by manatarms1775
* A newer Fedora core 2 (base on kernel 2.6.x with KDE 3.2.2 and Gnome 2.6 w/ GIMP 2.0 and might be OpenOffice 1.1.1) is expected to go public on
"May 17 2004"
![]()

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40
NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00
Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99
Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99
SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99
Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94
HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99
Cisco SFP-10G-SR V03 850nm 10GBASE-SR SFP+ MMF 10-2415-03 Transceiver
$4.99
Arista SFP-10G-SR 10GBASE-SR XVR-10001-20 850nm SFP+ Optical Transceiver
$20.70
Dell 10 Gigabit SFP+ SR Transceiver 0XYD50 NEW SEALED
$24.99