-
Junior Member
registered user
install freezes at copying files
I want to install knoppix on a 4 yr old PC. The installation freezes at 15% when it's copying files. I never had a problem with install when i installed mandrake on it before.
It did this with version 3.3, and at first I thought it was a bad CD. So I wait for knoppix 3.4 instead. Now I checked 3.4 to see if the ISO is correct and yes it is. I did a testcd of it on a 2nd PC and all was ok.
I did a testcd on the the 1st PC and I had one failed file. So I disabled Plug N Play in BIOS and did another testcd and this time it passed.
Now I try to install knoppix using sudo knoppix-installer on 1st PC. It freezes at copying files. I tried to do sudo knx-hdinstall, but it doesn't work. I think it was removed from 3.4.
I really want to install knoppix, but I can't! What can I do?
The HD is blank and no windows and no other OS too.
Also, how long does installation usually take?
Similar Threads
-
By fordprefect3 in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-13-2004, 03:58 AM
-
By FireStorm in forum General Support
Replies: 8
Last Post: 09-15-2004, 11:24 PM
-
By cld in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-15-2004, 12:57 AM
-
By jc01 in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-04-2004, 08:33 PM
-
By Johnny3 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-31-2003, 07:19 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99

Cisco SFP-10G-SR V03 850nm 10GBASE-SR SFP+ MMF 10-2415-03 Transceiver
$4.99

Arista SFP-10G-SR 10GBASE-SR XVR-10001-20 850nm SFP+ Optical Transceiver
$20.70

5 x Cisco SFP-10G-LR-S 10GBASE SFP Module converter w/ Genuine Hologram 🔥New🔥
$174.99