Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: [newbie] "apt-get remove CRUD" howto?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    7

    [newbie] "apt-get remove CRUD" howto?

    Hi,

    I just did the hdinstall, and was hoping to be able to select exactly what I want to install.

    Unfortunately not. Is there any way I can use apt-get to obtain a list of packages and uninstall some of them?? How (I dont know apt-get too well) and

    root@mybox:/# apt-get remove
    Reading Package Lists... Done
    Building Dependency Tree... Done
    0 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
    root@mybox:/#


    Thanks
    Anders

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    49
    if you're running KDE, there's a program called "Kpackage" that lets you install/uninstall/upgrade packages with a GUI interface. I believe it's located in K-Menu under "System" or "Settings".

    As you'll soon find out, though, file dependancies are a bitch. Its one of the things I really miss about Windows: "Add/Remove Programs" in the Control Panel.

    Otherwise, if you're a command line junky you can use dselect which is a menu driven interface for dpkg.

    Finally, if you're a purist, you can get a list of all the packages installed using the following command:
    Code:
    dpkg -l | more

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    7

    Thanks

    Thank you,


    "dpkg -l" is just what I was looking for....

    actually I also discovered some of the smaller distributions, here on www.knoppix.net

    I might try those if I loose my patience uninstalling


    See ya
    Anders

Similar Threads

  1. Howto successfully "mkbootfloppy" with kernel 2.6
    By larrycow in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-16-2004, 05:52 PM
  2. remove "traditional" taskbar with superkaramba?
    By pau in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-12-2004, 05:42 PM
  3. "Connection Reset by Peer" or "hang"
    By oreo in forum General Support
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-23-2003, 06:33 PM
  4. "Foreign" drive formats and "dd" command
    By geebee2000 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-21-2003, 07:29 PM
  5. HOWTO: Change the "Startpage" when knoppix boots
    By eadz in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-20-2002, 08:34 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch picture

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch

$19.99



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99



NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch picture

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch

$49.99



TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed picture

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed

$199.99



10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W picture

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W

$39.99



TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597 picture

TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597

$36.98



Arista DCS-7050SX-64-R 48P 10GbE SFP+ 4P 40GbE QSFP+ RA Switch picture

Arista DCS-7050SX-64-R 48P 10GbE SFP+ 4P 40GbE QSFP+ RA Switch

$115.00



Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts picture

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts

$69.00



Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks picture

Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks

$224.95



5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play picture

5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play

$31.99