-
Senior Member
registered user
I did it!
Word of encouragment to other newbies:
I remastered 3.4ct. It boots with Nvidia drivers at startup! I removed nothing. I added as many games as I could. I burned it to DVD and it works great. its at 1.7 gig and that is compressed.I'm not done yet nor do ever think that I will be! The thing is I don't know a great deal about Linux. I just opened the the remastering guide in the Docs section. With the root window open at the bottom and the browser open at the top I just copied and pasted the commands. I have XP pro so I had to create a 5 gig fat 32 partition that both linux and XP can save to. I saved iso there then burned the image with Nero from XP.
Nowfor the question:
I want to be able to boot into my remaster to fine tune it. I don't want to install a boot loaded unless that is the only way. What do I do? Do I have to set the partition where the remaster resides to active? Can I create a boot floppy?
Also, what applications should I avoid installing? If apt get said that it was going to remove anything I did not install the application.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00

Supermicro E200-8D Barebones Server Chassis Xeon D-1528 X10SDV-6C-TLN4F 2x10GbE
$445.00

Supermicro 505-2 Server
$280.00

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99

HPE ProLiant MicroServer Gen10 Opteron X3421 32GB DDR4 Intel X550 10GbE No HDD
$599.00

SuperMicro 4U CSE 847 36 Bay LFF Barebone 2x 1280W w/ 2x Bays 2.5 Rear w/Trays
$499.99

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99