Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Need Persistant Home help

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    42.3° N 122.9° W
    Posts
    166

    Need Persistant Home help

    Big Bummer

    I copied all the scripts including the corrected knoppix_sh and all I got was a screen full of error messages about not finding valid FAT32 file system for PH durring boot. Afterwards I was in 2002-12-12 Knoppix but no PH.

    What are the minimum files to make it work? Maybe using all of them is confusing Knoppix.

    Knoppix_sh
    knx_persistent_home
    knx_copy_home

    Are only the extra files I put into the Knoppix folder before reburning.

    The new KDE3.1/Knoppix had the old uncorrected knoppix_sh and that's why PH wouldn't work there.

    How should I proceed?



    Edit: I figured out how to create the PH HD file by rt clicking on knx_persistat_home but I haven't figured out how to save my configs before I close the session. If I can get my previous configs to reload next bootup I'd be in hog heaven.

    TIA,

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    42.3° N 122.9° W
    Posts
    166
    BUMP

Similar Threads

  1. Changing Persistant home dir
    By andyzweb in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-17-2005, 01:30 AM
  2. NTFS Persistant Home
    By Sgeo in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-23-2004, 03:36 PM
  3. persistant home drive on cd-r ?
    By ktheking in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-14-2003, 12:25 PM
  4. Persistant Home problem
    By monkeyman in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-07-2003, 05:12 PM
  5. CDRW Persistant Home?
    By opel70 in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-27-2003, 10:05 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT picture

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT

$7.99



NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping* picture

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*

$24.00



Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter picture

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter

$27.50



New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US picture

New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US

$17.00



Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver picture

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver

$5.40



HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port  PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+ picture

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+

$16.99



Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA picture

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA

$28.94



Cisco SFP-10G-SR Transceiver Module picture

Cisco SFP-10G-SR Transceiver Module

$25.00



Cisco QSFP-40G-SR-BD  Module  10-2945-02  NEW CLAMSHELL picture

Cisco QSFP-40G-SR-BD Module 10-2945-02 NEW CLAMSHELL

$45.50



Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module picture

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module

$699.99