-
Distorted image on monitor
Please excuse me as I am brand new at this Linux thing and I am trying to see if I can wean myself from the Microsoft addiction. I burned a copy of the Knoppix download and when I booted to the disk it went through the boot init and when the boot page went to the actual running system my monitor became very distorted. It had 4 vertical sections that sort of overlapped and many horizontal lines that made the screen image totally unreadable. My monitor is a 19 inch ViewSonic LCD and my video card is a Nvidia G4 T-4800. During the the boot process I see a line that reads "MP-BIOS Bug: 8254 timer not connected to IO-APIC". Is this my problem and what do I do now?
Similar Threads
-
By anton123 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-28-2004, 04:46 AM
-
By Baker in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-25-2004, 06:19 AM
-
By DarkDragon in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-01-2004, 11:02 AM
-
By comanam in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-09-2003, 07:37 PM
-
By larry bell in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-12-2003, 07:32 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

HPE P10109-B21 MCX512F-ACAT 10/25GbE Dual-Port SFP28 NIC P10107-001 P12608-001
$100.00

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

CISCO SFP-GE-Z , 1000BASE-ZX SFP 1550nm 70km DOM
$69.00

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99

CISCO 10GBASE-SR SFP "Lot of 4” SFP-10G-SR
$47.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99