Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Where are my CDROM's

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    7

    Where are my CDROM's

    Hello

    If this is the wrong place to ask for help - I apologise for being a newbie.
    I have just started to use Knoppix live CD and I cannot access my CDROM's on the desktop. A message says ERROR - file:/mnt/cdrom does not exist. When shutting down - the system says "cant unmount CD - please reset". I wanna give Windows the flick - but I need to have access to my 2 CD drives. Please help!!

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    53
    The file that Knoppix generates to tell itself which drives are available and under what circumstances is /etc/fstab -- so a good idea would be to look at /etc/fstab in an editing application and either 1) figure out what needs to be done to fstab to make your CD drives available using what you know already or 2) reply including the contents of your fstab file so people can look for something going wrong and help you fix it!

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    53
    Oops -- I forgot to say welcome! And this is certainly the place to ask that question.

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,516
    i would recomend posting content of /etc/fstab and what
    Code:
    dmesg|grep CD
    and
    Code:
    dmesg|grep sr
    gives as output. that will help us helping

Similar Threads

  1. Help I lost my CDROM's
    By spaceinvader001 in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-15-2004, 04:49 AM
  2. Can't Access CDROM's - goodbye Knoppix????
    By rowck001 in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-23-2004, 09:50 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage Digital VR241-A color CRT monitor, powers on, DEC Rainbow or terminal picture

Vintage Digital VR241-A color CRT monitor, powers on, DEC Rainbow or terminal

$150.00



Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board picture

Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board

$119.99



Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012 picture

Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012

$74.99



Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7) picture

Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)

$279.99



Vintage DEC Digital Equipment DELNI 8-Port Ethernet Local Network Hub VAXstation picture

Vintage DEC Digital Equipment DELNI 8-Port Ethernet Local Network Hub VAXstation

$79.95



Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On) picture

Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On)

$499.99



Vintage DEC E2052-AA  AlphaServer I/O Board 9 Gold Ceramic ICs 4.3 LB Gold Scrap picture

Vintage DEC E2052-AA AlphaServer I/O Board 9 Gold Ceramic ICs 4.3 LB Gold Scrap

$749.99



Vintage DEC Digital Equipment Flip-Chip Module Lot Parts picture

Vintage DEC Digital Equipment Flip-Chip Module Lot Parts

$59.99



Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW picture

Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW

$269.99



Vintage DEC Digital VSXXX-AA.B03 Hawley 3-Button Mouse 1986 Tested Working picture

Vintage DEC Digital VSXXX-AA.B03 Hawley 3-Button Mouse 1986 Tested Working

$111.00