Try the new installer eh?
sudo knoppix-installer
Hi everybody!
I am sorry, but my English is very poor. The situation is:
1* - KNX-HD Install
2* - Everything is OK, but when asking DHCP or manual configuration, none works. The installation stops, and a CTRL+C shows the prompt.
I can not continue the installation. DHCP does nothing, manual conf. is not responding...... all I have is an incomplete installation with a prompt.
If I work from CD, during the configuration of the ETH0 says "backgrounding" or something like that. The desktop comes, and everything is OK, but network fails.
I have a W2K DHCP (a previous Debian installation had no problem) and a D-LINK DFE 538 TX PCI network card.
Any ideas?
Thanks a lot from Argentina!
Carlos
Try the new installer eh?
sudo knoppix-installer
umm how about an unplugged or bad network cable?
johnb
Thanks for the answers !!!!![]()
The cable is OK....... no problem with that.
The new installer?...... hummm, where can I get it?.
Wherever, i Think my Knoppix cant access the card because of the drivers. Maybe knoppix donīt have them on itīs database.
Is it possible?. Or am I a "Windows" user?. Linux uses drivers, isnīt it?
Im going to unplug the network card and put another like 3COM or something.
Thanks for the answers again!
"Saluditos" from Argentina!
Charlie
I have not done a recent HD install with Knoppix, but this article recommends doing "apt-get install etherconf" to fix the problem.

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99
Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50
NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00
Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99
Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40
HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99
Lot of 10 Genuine Cisco 10-3105-01 SFP-10G-SR-S Transceiver
$27.00
Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$34.94
Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99
Arista QSFP-40G-UNIV 40G Universal QSFP+ 1310nm LC XVR-00071-20 Transceiver
$55.00