Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 36 of 36

Thread: New Debian based Distro

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    276
    sid is the code name for unstable

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    276
    back to original topic of this thread: munjoy=nojoy for me, at least

    Checksum is good. It just won't load though it boots. I have watched carefully at least a dozen times and I get no pause/prompt for input. It boots, there is a grey screen that goes by very quickly where I catch loading vmlinuz blah blah, then onto the the black screen with little penquin, says "munjoy linux install CD...blah blah knoppix...init version 2.8 knoppix booting? blah blah.....then loading"

    and there it sits. I have kept it up as much as a half hour but there is no progress. Tried in both my cd and burner drives. Not sure what else is left to try until I get my spare box back together for a go in that.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,353
    I see that the Munjoy site now has it's own forum section so folks may want to post questions and give feedback there.

    http://www.munjoylinux.org/forums/

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    276
    thanks Aay. I just signed up and posted there.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    15

    Re: New Debian based Distro

    I'm typing this on it right now. So far I'm mostly happy with it as an actual item, and very happy with it as far as being an initial release. Considering the complexities of something like this, what problems I've had seem pretty minor.

    The good: Great alsa setup, I like the little touches to try to make it more desktop friendly.

    The bad: I tried dist-upgrading to sid and afterward it wouldn't boot anymore.

    But, all in all, I think they've got a good thing on their hands.

  6. #6
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    276
    Joe, have you tried Kanotix? A little closer to sid than even Knoppix. I have upgraded more than I ever tried with knoppix and haven't broken it yet though I am very cautious.

    My munjoy=nojoy continues, to date no response to my problem. I did put my spare box back together yesterday and booted munjoy on that. Happily it did boot and LOADED and I got to the installer. Then it failed, repeatedly saying no disk was chosen to partition when I repeatedly chose hdb2.

    No idea why it won't load on my newer machine. Thought the error on the spare was due to the ancient and much abused 5 or 6 yo HD in there. But afterwards knoppix installed fine on same disk. Will have to just put away munjoy for now and hope there isn't some sort of hopeless incompatibility with my amd herd and the 2.6 kernel.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Similar Threads

  1. Knoppix Based 200mb Distro?
    By bongski55 in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-28-2004, 09:41 AM
  2. [DISTRO] New distro Knoppix-Gentoo based (Gulp!)
    By silian87 in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-15-2004, 06:46 AM
  3. HELP wanted: Make Gnome-based Distro (Germany)
    By jfsebastian in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-02-2004, 06:40 PM
  4. Use Knoppix to install pkgs. on existing debian-based Linux?
    By mmw1231 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-24-2004, 02:18 AM
  5. Web-based ICQ (ICQ2GO - Jawa based) with Knoppix
    By pilovis in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-28-2003, 09:17 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel  Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD picture

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD

$1599.99



IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM

$179.99



Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For  RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series picture

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series

$375.00



IBM EMC 091-000-091 17 Inch Rackmount LCD Keyboard KVM Console 03N7012 picture

IBM EMC 091-000-091 17 Inch Rackmount LCD Keyboard KVM Console 03N7012

$109.99



IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU picture

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU

$999.99



IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1) picture

IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1)

$150.00



IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES picture

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES

$110.30



1 X IBM 720 POWER SERVER WITH 32 GB RAM picture

1 X IBM 720 POWER SERVER WITH 32 GB RAM

$344.97



IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon  E5620 picture

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620

$199.99



DELL POWEREDGE HP IBM SERVER XEON GOLD 5315Y 8 CORE PROCESSOR 3.2 GHZ SRKXR picture

DELL POWEREDGE HP IBM SERVER XEON GOLD 5315Y 8 CORE PROCESSOR 3.2 GHZ SRKXR

$1100.00