I'm running Knoppix HD install with Mozilla 1.5. In general all of my fonts look very good, Mozilla is set to use the Bitstream Vera fonts by default and they look great.
Unfortunately, any page with special math symbols (like greek letters) shows these symbols using the Beast Wars font. The symbols are chosen incorrectly as well. An example page is here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spectral_theorem
Most of the page is fine, its just the math (and not even all of the math) that is bad.
I know there are better symbol fonts installed because I can see symbols, now how can I tell Mozilla to use them? Or how can I install a more complete set of fonts so certain symbols are not chosen seemingly at random?

Supermicro SuperServer E300-15 - SYS-e300-9C - 16GB RAM 240GB Samsung SSD
$199.99
HP Proliant MicroServer Gen 8 2.23GHz Xeon 16GB RAM NO SSD
$249.99
$280.00
Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99
Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99
New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99
Supermicro 5019D-4C-FN8TP Xeon D-2123IT (4C/8T) 64GB DDR4 10GbE 480GB 1U Server
$689.00
SuperMicro 4U CSE 847 36 Bay LFF Barebone 2x 1280W w/ 2x Bays 2.5 Rear w/Trays
$499.99
Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00
Supermicro E300-12C Mini 1U Barebone X12SCV-LVDS LGA1200 SNK-P0073A4 w/ Adapter
$225.00