Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 175

Thread: Knoppix Version 3.4 Released

  1. #71
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    14

    alternative torrent


  2. #72
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabianx

    http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/Bugs/3.4

    I did add your bugs to there and did respond ...

    I think the Wiki is nicer for doin with Bugs I found bugzilla was an overkill and made more work, than it solved ...

    cu

    Fabian
    Thankyou Fabian

    I was in hong kong and was not possible to get a hand on the 3.4 CeBit edition before

    and too bad I didn't know how to fix those bugs,

    here is the previous time zone bug solution from Tim Pope

    (which already applied on knoppix v3.3-20040216)

    http://mailman.linuxtag.org/pipermai...er/004288.html

  3. #73
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20
    well also with the "Resize and Rotate" 0.5 on the lower right conner Under KDE,
    it's great but if you choose to switch to a smaller screen size (let's say 1024x768 to 800 x600)

    you won't see the KDE Panel (the button bar) again...

    should I consider this another bug ?

    (I have to press <Ctrl> + <Alt> + <Backspace> to kill X)
    (but ofcouse, I could still press <Alt> + <F1> to get the Application Menu)

    also problem when using Java applet to communicate, you couldn't login using ICQ2GO
    (http://go.icq.com) as in Knoppix 3.4 C'T edition

    * well but we still have Gaim

    hmm now I should get a Bugzilla account..

  4. #74
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20
    hi guys, It's me again,

    Actually I was thinking If we could have another Knoppix 3.4 in the short comming future, could we have apache 2 ?

    Since Linux Kernel 2.6 features NPTL which will provide a Unix standard library for Multi-threading, should also use with the upgraded Multi-threaded Apached 2

    guys, how's that ?

  5. #75
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    818
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabianx
    http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/Bugs/3.4

    I did add your bugs to there and did respond ...

    I think the Wiki is nicer for doin with Bugs I found bugzilla was an overkill and made more work, than it solved ...

    Fabian
    I think you are right.. not only that but becasue of the perl it brings down the server. I have redirected /bugs/ to the wiki page from now on.

  6. #76
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    5

    bt always safe

    As im new to bt, im wondering, how can I make sure that the version of knoppix I got is the original and hasnt been tampered with? Is there a place to get the official md5 hash or something?

  7. #77
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Santiago, Chile
    Posts
    24

    Re: bt always safe

    Quote Originally Posted by kakakoka
    As im new to bt, im wondering, how can I make sure that the version of knoppix I got is the original and hasnt been tampered with? Is there a place to get the official md5 hash or something?
    Altough I'm just speculating, the Kaiserslautern 'mirror' (is it a mirror?) might be a trusted place to look for the mds:

    8e9cd4d310ad8381d1ec3326c6caae2b *KNOPPIX_V3.4-2004-05-04-EN.iso

    Damn, It's not the one I have ...
    Wait... My copy has:

    49a62cdac7a3afcee0d2d47ea17daa6f KNOPPIX_V3.4-2004-05-04-EN.iso

    Which is the one published in this thread. What's going on here?

  8. #78
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    26
    I have the 49a... one as well

    DLed from:

    ftp://ftp.quicknet.nl/pub/Linux/ftp....4-05-04-EN.iso

    and the site md5 matches it.

  9. #79
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    5
    Which utility can I use under windows to check out md5 sums?

  10. #80
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    818
    Quote Originally Posted by kakakoka
    Which utility can I use under windows to check out md5 sums?
    http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/FaqDownloading

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Knoppix 3.7 officially released
    By probono in forum News
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 02-08-2005, 01:05 AM
  2. When will Knoppix 3.8 be released?
    By anton123 in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-09-2004, 07:13 AM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-13-2004, 07:49 AM
  4. Knoppix 3.2 2003-03-21 released
    By Tigren in forum News
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 03-23-2003, 09:54 PM
  5. KNOPPIX 2002-12-12 Released
    By eadz in forum News
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-21-2003, 02:35 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Supermicro CSE-732 Mid-Tower Server Chassis w/ Supermicro X10DRi 2x Xeon E5-2620 picture

Supermicro CSE-732 Mid-Tower Server Chassis w/ Supermicro X10DRi 2x Xeon E5-2620

$325.00



HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS picture

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS

$199.00



Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC picture

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC

$250.00



Supermicro E200-8D Barebones Server Chassis Xeon D-1528 X10SDV-6C-TLN4F 2x10GbE picture

Supermicro E200-8D Barebones Server Chassis Xeon D-1528 X10SDV-6C-TLN4F 2x10GbE

$445.00



Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram  240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ* picture

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*

$369.99



New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G picture

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G

$449.99



HP Proliant MicroServer HSTNS-5151 AMD Turion II Neo N40L CPU @ 1.50GHz 16Gb RAM picture

HP Proliant MicroServer HSTNS-5151 AMD Turion II Neo N40L CPU @ 1.50GHz 16Gb RAM

$174.99



Windows Server 2022 | Intel 18-Core Xeon | 32GB ECC DDR4 | 256GB SSD | 3TB HDD picture

Windows Server 2022 | Intel 18-Core Xeon | 32GB ECC DDR4 | 256GB SSD | 3TB HDD

$635.00



Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset picture

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset

$129.99



Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On picture

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On

$450.00