Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Knoppix can no longer mount HD0 !!?

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    42.3° N 122.9° W
    Posts
    166

    Knoppix can no longer mount HD0 !!?

    Knoppix can no longer mount my 80Gb HD0 but it can still mount the 30Gb HD1. 'I/O read errors | unknown file system'is the general error message I get. I have five partitions (1 primary & 4 logical) but Knoppix sees 12.

    What I did was to try to delete a linux formated partition and reformat using the Libranet setup disk. I changed it from a primary to logical partition and made three partitions, 2Gb rieserFS/500Mb swap/ 5.5Gb unformated linux. I wanted to set it up for an eventual HD installation and bigger swap for Knoppix now.

    Apparently the partition table has some redundancies created by Libranet's install utility when it wrote the fstab that Knoppix can't see it's way past. Libranet sees the same amount of partitions that windows sees.

    Windows boots fine and can see all of the five partitions. Even after I deleted all three Linux partitions and reformatted it as one FAT32, Knoppix still sees 12 partitions and can't mount any partitions except for the 3 on the other HD.

    How can I fix it for Knoppix without killing w2k?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    42.3° N 122.9° W
    Posts
    166
    For whatever reason Knoppix started seeing all the /dev/hds again. I installed Libranet twice including a reformat and installed w2k three times. Whatever was screwing up the partition table must have been repaired.

    So I'm thanking Libranet and w2k for fixing it for me.

Similar Threads

  1. windows XP SP2 no longer boots after using knoppix 3.6
    By MrReapa in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-11-2005, 11:14 PM
  2. System no longer boot kdm
    By will103 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-04-2005, 07:21 PM
  3. I'm stumped - I can no longer reach knoppix.net from home
    By champagnemojo in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 08-04-2004, 02:35 AM
  4. I can no longer boot to windows...
    By tkatchev69 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-01-2004, 05:56 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT picture

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT

$7.99



NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping* picture

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*

$24.00



Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter picture

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter

$27.50



Intel SPTSLP2SLCDE 100G-DR1 QSFP28 500m 1311nm Transceivers - Lot of 10 - New picture

Intel SPTSLP2SLCDE 100G-DR1 QSFP28 500m 1311nm Transceivers - Lot of 10 - New

$180.00



HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port  PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+ picture

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+

$16.99



Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver picture

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver

$5.40



Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA picture

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA

$33.94



HPE 560SFP 2x 10Gb SFP+ PCIe Both Profile Network Card 669279-001 665247-001 picture

HPE 560SFP 2x 10Gb SFP+ PCIe Both Profile Network Card 669279-001 665247-001

$14.90



Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module picture

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module

$699.99



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99