Quote Originally Posted by r00t 4orce
Quote Originally Posted by aay
I've discovered a few wireless issues that I need to email klaus about
Any chance you can shre the issue you have already found?

--r00t
Sure, basically it has to do with wireless usb devices. With the release of 3.4 I tired to get my Linksys wusb12 device working. 3.4 detected it and loaded the prism2_usb driver which is great. The device was designated as wlan0. Unfortunately I don't think it's possible to designate the essid or to use a wep key with usb wlan devices when using Knoppix from the cd. The reason is as follows: the configs for wireless pcmcia cards are stored in /etc/pcmcia/wireless.opts. This is the file that is written to when users plug in their essid and wep keys using wlcardconfig. The problem is that the config file for wlan devices is /etc/wlan/wlan.conf, but on Knoppix this is just a symlink to /KNOPPIX/etc/wlan/wlan.conf which is of course is read only. The real wlan.conf needs to be placed in /etc/wlan/wlan.conf and made writeable just like /etc/pcmcia/wireless.opts is. After that, Klaus could hopefully update wlcardconfig so that it could plug in the right values to wlan.conf. BTW, if i'm mistaken about any of this, please someone let me know. I haven't fooled around much with these wireless usb devices, but from what I understand this info is correct and these setting will need to be adjusted if people are to get their usb wireless devices working.