-
Wireless keyboard issue
I've got a wireless keyboard/mouse combo that I've used under both MacOS and Windows, and the keyboard doesn't work for me, though the mouse is fine. Anybody know what I need to do?
Krishna
-

Originally Posted by
krishna.murphy
I've got a wireless keyboard/mouse combo that I've used under both MacOS and Windows, and the keyboard doesn't work for me, though the mouse is fine. Anybody know what I need to do?
Krishna
Its in such a despair after working in Window$... Im using a Logitech kbd/mouse on USB port (Knoppix), had trouble with Knoppix recognizing either. Seems as it wanted to startup without either Kbd, mouse and external monitor, then have them plugged in afterwards. Now that its up and running, the mouse connects much more quickly than in Window$. Check the cells in the keyboard, they may be weak reducing the transmit range. I use rechargeable Ni-Mh cells, since the mouse drains them quickly. The trick to the mouse is to leave the cell cover off and pop one out when not in use, so the LED doesnt drain them overnite. I just had the keyboard fail to send a "zero" from the keypad, the "zero" on the Kbd worked. Odd. It wont set Numlock on boot either, but thats not a big problem.
-
I just had the keyboard fail to send a "zero" from the keypad, the "zero" on the Kbd worked.
Sounds like numlock is off.
My mouse shuts off after a while, so it's okay to leave it on overnight, etc. Numlock-on-boot seems to be hard for Linux generally, not just Knoppix, but as you said - it's not such a big deal (unless you forget to turn it on
.) It seems to me that, it being a catch-up game for non-Windows OSs, there'd be some effort put in to make the easy, surface-only stuff the same so people won't be put off. How hard can it be to make the "Super" key (^ on the left side of the space bar) open the main menu? When I have some spare time to fool with such...
Cheers!
Krishna
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99

Lot of 24 SK Hynix 64GB 2Rx4 DDR4 2933Y HMAA8GR7MJR4N-WM Server Ram (AVA)
$11999.95

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR4 Gamer Desktop RAM PC4 MIXED BRANDS
$65.00

RAM G. SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB 2x16GB DDR4 3200 CL16 F43200C16Q64GVK Matched
$149.99

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68
![[ BULK LOT OF 10 ] UNITS of 8GB DDR4 Laptop RAM SAMSUNG, HYNIX etc. picture](/store/img/g/IKQAAeSwEK9qv9TG/s-l225/-BULK-LOT-OF-10-UNITS-of-8GB-DDR4-Laptop-RAM-SAMSU.jpg)
[ BULK LOT OF 10 ] UNITS of 8GB DDR4 Laptop RAM SAMSUNG, HYNIX etc.
$299.99

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00

Lot of 12 SK Hynix 64GB PC4-2666V LRDIMM Server Memory RAM HMAA8GL7CPR4N -Tested
$4200.00

8GB DDR4 3200MHz Desktop RAM Unbuffered UDIMM 288-Pin CL22 Black PCB
$155.99

Laptop DDR4 8GB RAM 3200MHz Unbuffered Non-ECC 1.2V Single Rank
$147.99