steev-p
Fine work.
That's been around a long time.
There should be some sort of award for this.
I love one-liners myself.
Welcome to the forum.
This has been broken for a while, maybe nobody has reported it?
When you go to Menu>Preferences>Install Components and try to install something, nothing happens.
Today I decided to look into it, and found that the problem is actually in /usr/sbin/checkinstall.
This patch fixes it (at least for me):
These are the contents of the patch file for those interested, only one line is changed:Code:# wget -O - http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17126237/checkinstall.patch | patch -p0
Hopefully somebody finds this helpfulCode:--- /usr/sbin/checkinstall.orig 2009-02-07 18:59:59.000000000 +0000 +++ /usr/sbin/checkinstall 2011-08-06 21:10:30.936666664 +0000 @@ -103,7 +103,7 @@ type -p Xdialog >/dev/null 2>&1 && exec Xdialog --title "'"$TITLE"'" '"$ICON"' --msgbox "'"$FAILED"'" 10 55 fi' >"$TMP" chmod 755 "$TMP" - ${XSHELL[@]} "$TMP" + "${XSHELL[@]}" "$TMP" rm -f "$TMP" }
steev-p
Fine work.
That's been around a long time.
There should be some sort of award for this.
I love one-liners myself.
Welcome to the forum.
Thanks for finding this! I totally missed it, probably because checkinstall worked "accidentially" with german locales, since the $TITLE contains a single word there and this fixes the wrong syntax, too, while in the english version, I had used two words for the title. Your solution is the corretco one.
I also will also replace Xdialog by zenity in all scripts soon, since Xdialog is keeping the old gtk1 libs installed and has broken fonts when english locales are set, the "digital" fonts were NOT intentional, I have to admit it now.![]()
Glad I could help
@utu Thanks for the welcome.
Thanks, works perfectly

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory
$159.98
Lenovo 2TB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Metal Drive Flash Memory Stick Data Storage.
$3.99
Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit USB Flash Drive (HAV-00162)
$36.99
USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
Server Memory: Samsung 32GB 4DRx4 PC4-2133P ECC LRDIMM DDR4 M386A4G40DM0-CPB
$124.95
A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68
Lot of 4 SK Hynix 16GB (64GB) HMA82GR7AFR8N-UH PC4-2400T-RE1-11 Server ECC RAM
$289.99
TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$288.19
Micro SD Adapter To SD HC SDHC Memory Card Adapter Reader NEW
$1.39