Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Rotate screen?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    4

    Rotate screen?

    All my personal settings save just fine except rotate screen. Does anyone know how I can save my Screen Layout Editor settings in persistence?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    512
    I think you should write a shell script that instructs ARandR to use a special screen layout. Since Knoppix is intended to be portable you could place a suitable desktop file on you desktop.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by klaus2008 View Post
    I think you should write a shell script that instructs ARandR to use a special screen layout. Since Knoppix is intended to be portable you could place a suitable desktop file on you desktop.
    I do not know how to write scripts. If someone shows me what to type in terminal I can do that. I use Knoppix as my main OS on my home PC. It is a good OS and I really like it. I am using an NEC 24" monitor with a 16:10 aspect ratio. I prefer web browsing with my monitor in the vertical position because I do not have to scroll so much.

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    512
    In this case you can create a shell script with the 'Screen Layout Editor'. Start ARandR from the 'Preferences' section of the menu. Apply all your screen settings. Then use 'Save As' from the 'Layout' menu. Navigate to your Desktop folder and enter a name. Click on the 'Open' button. A file will appear on your desktop. You can open this file with a text editor like leafpad.
    Next time you boot up your system you can click on this file and execute it in order to restore your screen layout.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by klaus2008 View Post
    in this case ..
    thank you!
    Last edited by Werner P. Schulz; 10-20-2013 at 07:23 AM. Reason: full quote shorted

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Commodore Amiga A1200 Vintage Computer Power Supply Mouse Bundle - Tested picture

Commodore Amiga A1200 Vintage Computer Power Supply Mouse Bundle - Tested

$999.99



Framethrower, Amiga HDMI output via a PiStorm A500 A2000 picture

Framethrower, Amiga HDMI output via a PiStorm A500 A2000

$40.00



RGB2HDMI Amiga 500 UltraLong (Accelerator Friendly) HDMI Games, non-RTG A500 picture

RGB2HDMI Amiga 500 UltraLong (Accelerator Friendly) HDMI Games, non-RTG A500

$50.00



A500 512KB RAM Memory Card with (Built-In) Real Time Clock - New by Amiga-Kit picture

A500 512KB RAM Memory Card with (Built-In) Real Time Clock - New by Amiga-Kit

$41.00



Commodore Amiga 1000, Keyboard, Tank Mouse, RAM Expansion, Tested, Working picture

Commodore Amiga 1000, Keyboard, Tank Mouse, RAM Expansion, Tested, Working

$599.00



Commodore Amiga 2000HD Vintage Personal Computer A2000 picture

Commodore Amiga 2000HD Vintage Personal Computer A2000

$599.99



Commodore Amiga 1010 External 3.5” Floppy Drive A500 A1000 A2000 • Untested  picture

Commodore Amiga 1010 External 3.5” Floppy Drive A500 A1000 A2000 • Untested

$74.99



BlueSCSI v2 Internal 50-pin 3.5

BlueSCSI v2 Internal 50-pin 3.5" SCSI Drive ,Wi-Fi,For Macintosh, Amiga, PC

$52.99



NewTek Video Toaster 4000 Commodore Amiga picture

NewTek Video Toaster 4000 Commodore Amiga

$170.00



Microbotics Starboard 2MB + SCSI Sidecar for Amiga 1000 Vintage Computer READ picture

Microbotics Starboard 2MB + SCSI Sidecar for Amiga 1000 Vintage Computer READ

$229.00