I've been running Knoppix V6 live cd on my usb stick for a while and thought it was time for an update at it was several years old.
I donloaded "KNOPPIX_V7.2.0CD-2013-06-16-EN.iso" and installed it on my USB. I verified the MD5.
Unfortunately, it totally freezes while displaying the text KNOPPIX logo at the very beginning of boot.
no it works on another computer
I tried debug and saw:
kernel: DMAR:[fault reason 02] Present bit in context entry is clear
kernel: DMAR:[DMA Rearesent bit in context entry is clear
kernel: DMAR:[DMA Read] Request device [0d:00.0] fault addr
then repeating
Googled it and tried disabled Intel VT-D in bios and everything worked fine. alternative would be to disabled the intel_iommu parameter.

DEC Digital DECmate III PC238 PDP-8 6120 RX50 Dual Floppy Vintage Computer
$649.95
Vintage Digital VR241-A color CRT monitor, powers on, DEC Rainbow or terminal
$150.00
Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board
$109.99
Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012
$74.99
Vintage DEC Digital Equipment Flip-Chip Module Lot Parts
$59.99
Vintage DEC Digital Equipment DELNI 8-Port Ethernet Local Network Hub VAXstation
$79.95
Rare Vintage DEC DIGITAL DFO3 modem ~Powers Up but UNTESTED #1
$75.00
Vintage DEC LK201 Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) LK201-AA Computer Keyboard
$149.99
Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)
$279.99
Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW
$269.99