-
Reiserfs NTFS- originally SWAP
Thanks you utu
I do not think to have understood all your response (IIC or IMO = ?...)
I understand that I must recall the name of the thread (where? I shall search).
I thought this was done automatically.
1- I CREATED a ReserFS partition on another disk to receive very large files_folders (>4Gb).
I used to work with liveCD or Usb_Flash_Installed drives (limit 4Gb).
2- The impossibility of writing on these ResiseFS partition obliged me to use NTFS with its
probable incoming "problems".
Thanks
Last edited by knp; 01-31-2015 at 02:16 AM.
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
knp
1- I CREATED a ReserFS partition on another disk to receive very large files_folders (>4Gb).
I used to work with liveCD or Usb_Flash_Installed drives (limit 4Gb).
Start over; make another Knoppix LiveUSB.
Re-format your current LiveUSB to a *single* partition; that is, just one partition initially.
Format that single partition fat32.
As Knoppix gives you the choice, elect reiserfs or " > 4 Gb " option.
The size of the eventual reiserfs partition need not be > 4 Gb, only larger than several hundred MB.
Knoppix will re-partition a second partition and format it reiserfs for persistence on its own.
This way, knoppix knows where to find the reiserfs partition, because it created it.
Last edited by utu; 01-31-2015 at 03:46 PM.
-
Reiserfs NTFS- originally SWAP
Thanks you very much utu
knp
Last edited by knp; 01-31-2015 at 04:33 PM.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1499.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Supermicro 2U GPU Server SYS-2029GP-TR 2x Xeon 6130 32C 6x PCIe 3.0 x16 Slots
$745.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00