-
The splash screen is not the screensaver, I think. but a image background.jpg. And, I don't see the little blue man with this version, which was special prepared for the magazine and a conference in Europe, i think. But I'll get my sudo on and do some more experimenting.
I have tried the suggestions and all the options in Preferences>Desktop Preferences, but the only thing I found that works is boot: fb1024x768. Now the desktop icons I have chosen come up on the left and the control strip (my Mac dock) pops up from the bottom with a cursor tap there.
I did change to a single color for the desktop in the above mentioned selection, which eliminates the background.jp loading.
I was pretty dense to not recognize that the problem seems to be that the control icons are off the screen at the bottom. What is different in the DVD boot so that there is no difficulty there? (rhetorical ?)
The 7.5 DVD is bound in the April issue of Linux Pro Magazine. With a brief article by Klaus.
U.S. $12.99
Here in the U.S.A. it is at Barnes & Noble bookstores and, I am sure, elsewhere.
Part of the charm in Linux is making it do what you want it to, and you usually can.
-
I looked at the Barnes and Nobel web site and I did not see Linux Magazine Pro
I just looked at the Barnes and Nobel web site and did a search for Linux and Linux Magazine and Linux Magazine Pro and it was not there, although they had plenty of
other Linux items but not specifically Linux Magazine Pro, the magazine that contains the Knoppix 7.5 DVD.

Originally Posted by
gdorner
The 7.5 DVD is bound in the April issue of Linux Pro Magazine. With a brief article by Klaus.
U.S. $12.99
Here in the U.S.A. it is at Barnes & Noble bookstores and, I am sure, elsewhere.
-----
Full quote deleted
Last edited by Werner P. Schulz; 06-09-2015 at 09:56 AM.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Seagate Exos 7E8 4TB 3.5" SAS ST4000NM0025
$22.00

Seagate Exos X16 ST10000NM010G 10TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e/4Kn HDD
$199.00

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$69.00

Seagate 14TB Exos X14 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s 256MB 3.5" Enterprise HDD ST14000NM0408
$354.99

Hitachi / HGST Travelstar HTS541010B7E610 1TB 2.5" SATA III HDD
$29.99

Seagate ST6000NM0115 6TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive
$159.99

Seagate Exos X16 16TB ST16000NM001G 7200RPM Enterprise HDD*USED GREAT CONDITION*
$319.79

Seagate Enterprise Capacity 2TB 2.5in SATA Internal HDD ST2000NX0403
$60.00

Sun Oracle 7357761 14TB 7.2K 3.5 12G SAS-3 HDD Hard Disc Drive w/ Coral Bracket
$249.99

HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar 6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5" Hard Drive OF21860
$129.99