http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/
Knoppix can do a great job with recovery stuff in a pinch, but for the serious jobs, you should always use a livecd that is designed for the job.
Hi all,
I forgot my Windows XP administrator password. I boot the computer with Knoppix 4.0 bootable cd and try to delete C:\windows\system32\config\SAM file which store password (as far as I know) But I cannot delete this file. It say it is read only file, cannot be modified, even though I set mount as read write in action to my windows hard drive. I can remember about six month before, I did same and it worked, but now it is not working.
Can some one let me know how to reset/recover Admin password using knoppix CD.
I also used Knoppix STD with built in Windows password crack tool but it is also not reseting the admin password.
http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/
Knoppix can do a great job with recovery stuff in a pinch, but for the serious jobs, you should always use a livecd that is designed for the job.
Is it also a bootable CD like Knoppix? How to use it?
Hi,
I've never used it but wouldn't Bart's PE bootable CD be a better bet? Admittedly it's not free software, but it is designed for Windows.
See
http://www.pcbeginner.com/tools/pcdoctor.htm
Regards,
Mark
No, because Bart's doesn't include a password reset utility.
The Ultimate Boot CD is not designed with any specific OS in mind. It runs a stripped down Linux, but that doesn't mean that it's any less effective at doing what it's designed to do.
For Admin password resets on Windows machines, the only way to go is either with the UBCD or the standalone NTPASS software on a floppy disk.

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$39.99
TP-Link TL-SX105 10GB 5-Port Switch - Unopened
$195.00
Extreme Networks 10GE X440-G2-24P-10GE4 16533 24Plus-Ports POE+ Switch UP
$127.00
TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99
TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99
10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99
TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25
Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00
Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99
5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play
$31.99