You above text is confused. No software can make audio come out of a line that is built to be a hardware input.Originally Posted by Aphex_Twin
You above text is confused. No software can make audio come out of a line that is built to be a hardware input.Originally Posted by Aphex_Twin
Actually, he is exactly correct -- even today. Knoppix has some sort of royally f*cked up driver that OUTPUTS sound through the INPUT (microphone in) jack.
Anyone who has used Knoppix for audio should know this. It was that way in 2005, and, as I am finding out today when trying to save some audio from a YouTube video, it is still that way today. Nothing whatsoever comes out from the AUDIO-OUT jack (except maybe a little hiss).
Unfortunately, the output through the MIC IN jack is so soft that my recorder cannot pick it up, even though it is hardwired in. I've maxed out the outputs in "alsamixer".
Time to download Ubuntu, I guess, 'cause for damn sure nobody's going to be able to tell me how to fix this today.
Unfortunately nobody is going to be in the slightest concern (of losing a user) if you go to download Ubuntu and start using it. On the hand if you eventually find it more useful and stick to it, we will be happy for you. The thing is Knoppix user based are too few and the developer is not even frequenting this forum, so this is what you would expect. If you really need attention, I suggest you post it to debian-knoppix maillist.
Technically I haven't noticed the sound would come out from the wrong port. But I do notice some versions of kernel (alsa drivers) do have problem with speaker jack. With internal speakers it is working but when the speaker jack is plugged, it is mute. But I think those are history. If you use a kernel recent enough, I believe it will not have this problem.

SK Hynix 1TB PC801 M.2 NVMe PCIe Gen4x4 2280 SSD
$100.00
Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00
External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99
Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$545.25
1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95
Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99
SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99
Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1746.47
Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$330.73
External Solid State Drive USB 3.2 Gen2, 1TB SSD External Hard Drive with C to A
$100.00