Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Knoppix couldn't write HDD

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    1

    Knoppix couldn't write HDD

    Hi all
    I have a problem But I request your help to solve this.
    I have only installed Mandrake 10 on my PC and I couldn't start STARTX interface of mandrake. I have some problems with my Video and Ethernet Card. I tried to solve this problem by downloading some drivers under Live Knoppix CD but I couldn't have write permission to HDD. I had looked up and found a way to have writing permission to HDD. But It couldn't work. As said that I unmounted Hda6 or Hda1 and unclicked option of 'read only' than I mounted the device again. And I saved the downloaded drivers. I can save this drivers but after restart to Mandrake linux-10 and I couldn't see driver files or folders I used. I don't know why knoppix delete these folders or files. Which folder should I use to save. I have to use knoppix live CD to download drivers and I have to back Mandrake 10 and handle these files. I am looking forward your reply. Thank you in advance. Best Regards.
    Necat.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    929
    I'm unsure of exactly what's happening, but I'd suggest that it may be easier to copy the drivers to a floppy than straight to HD.

    The video issue doesn't sound, to me, like a driver issue. You might try re-naming /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 on your Mandy system (I'm assuming that Mandy uses XF86Config-4 -- check this!) and replacing it with the Knoppix one (which, I assume, works).

Similar Threads

  1. Can Knoppix write to NTFS?
    By Arrummzen in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 01-06-2005, 01:35 AM
  2. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-15-2004, 12:51 PM
  3. Knoppix 3.4 and NTFS write
    By TLis in forum General Support
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-15-2004, 09:12 AM
  4. NTFS Write? With knoppix 3.3?
    By TheTempest in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-27-2004, 08:44 PM
  5. Let us write one Knoppix-HowTo together
    By Robert Michel in forum Ideas
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-06-2003, 11:33 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS picture

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS

$199.00



Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On picture

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On

$450.00



Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset picture

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset

$129.99



Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC picture

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC

$250.00



New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G picture

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G

$449.99



Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram  240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ* picture

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*

$369.99



Supermicro E200-8D Mini Server Xeon D-1528 6-Core 64GB ECC 1TB SSD 2x10GbE IPMI picture

Supermicro E200-8D Mini Server Xeon D-1528 6-Core 64GB ECC 1TB SSD 2x10GbE IPMI

$525.00



Supermicro CSE-815-5 4B LFF Xeon E3-1245v6 16GB DDR4 1x 9361-8i 4x 1TB SATA HDD picture

Supermicro CSE-815-5 4B LFF Xeon E3-1245v6 16GB DDR4 1x 9361-8i 4x 1TB SATA HDD

$483.99



Supermicro 505-2   Server picture

Supermicro 505-2 Server

$280.00



Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset picture

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset

$129.99