Like someone said before, just use Kaffeine. I never really cared for that damn dvd like interface.
I also have the same problem with Xine.
After loading it from the command line, I noticed that there were several PNG files that it was not able to load. I don't remember what they were at the moment.
Like someone said before, just use Kaffeine. I never really cared for that damn dvd like interface.
Kaffeine is a program? That's funny! Here I thought you all were making a joke!
Joke Being:
"Don't flip out, just drink a coffee and let the [kaffeen] calm you down!"
"Use caffeen"
Well-seeded tracker for knoppix and linux related downloads:
http://tracker.tx.se:6969
Interesting. I have a different problem with Xine. Under the 2.6 kernel Xine launches just fine and I am able to play video files, however if I mouse over the Xine control panel while playing a file the whole application just terminates. Sorry, I haven't had time to trace what is actually happening yet.Originally Posted by ScreamingTemporalDoom
Originally Posted by Don_PhrostByte
i'm having same problem, 05_17 release, boot parameters "knoppix26", i get "Disabling IRQ #18" repeating over and over. Finally KDE loads up, but it can't read superblock. HDPARM doesn't help either
any chance we could get this into the next 3.4 build?Originally Posted by yani
I second the motion.Originally Posted by Yakumo
A Knoppix release with the 2.6.7 kernel (just out now) as well as a "no sata" cheat code for booting would really make my day. I have an onboard SATA controller which I use for windows, but it causes linux a nightmare with the SiI drivers which weren't really designed for onboard SATA controllers.... so I just want to do away with their detection!

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00
Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00
Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99
Supermicro E300-12C Mini 1U Barebone X12SCV-LVDS LGA1200 SNK-P0073A4 w/ Adapter
$225.00
Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99
Supermicro E200-8D Mini Server Xeon D-1528 6-Core 64GB ECC 1TB SSD 2x10GbE IPMI
$525.00
New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99
Supermicro 5019D-4C-FN8TP Xeon D-2123IT (4C/8T) 64GB DDR4 10GbE 480GB 1U Server
$689.00
$280.00
Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99