yeah it is that easy... but I think you should still compile your kernel to get rid of whatever things you dont need...
here's a good guide:
http://www.desktop-linux.net/debkernel.htm
Hi.
Im currently downloading the latest en.iso of 3.4 (using 3.3 at the moment) with the intention to hdd install again.
From what I have read I just use "knoppix26" at boot to boot into knoppix with the 2.6 kernel then hdd install from here, set up grub and voilla a 2.6 kernel.
Surely its not this easy ?!?
If this ^^^ isnt they way to do it, is their an easier way then compiling it myself? (I have never done it and am scared!)
I also read that $"apt-get install kernel-image-2.6.6-1-k7" will work. Again, surely it cant be this easy.
If by some goodness both these ^^^ methods work, which would you suggest I use.
Also, is their anything I should consider before using 2.6.xxx?? Hardware issues, kernel panics etc???
Thanks for reading this.
yeah it is that easy... but I think you should still compile your kernel to get rid of whatever things you dont need...
here's a good guide:
http://www.desktop-linux.net/debkernel.htm

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00
Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99
Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00
Supermicro E300-12C Mini 1U Barebone X12SCV-LVDS LGA1200 SNK-P0073A4 w/ Adapter
$225.00
Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99
Supermicro E200-8D Mini Server Xeon D-1528 6-Core 64GB ECC 1TB SSD 2x10GbE IPMI
$525.00
New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99
Supermicro 5019D-4C-FN8TP Xeon D-2123IT (4C/8T) 64GB DDR4 10GbE 480GB 1U Server
$689.00
$280.00
Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99