-
Can't save any config settings
I have asked before but I didn't get any answers as to why I can't save any config settings on a 3.3 HD install.
Can anyone tell me how to change and save the monitor settings. I can't get anything but 640x480 makes no difference how many times I change and save it and the only way to access the monitor settings is to log in as ''root" and that still don't change the settings.
There are a couple other things which I can't get to change such as the toolbars in Konqurer, it just refuses to keep the settings from one session to another. The icons on the desktop refuses to stay where I put them from one session to another, they are just helter skelter on the desktop at each session.
Might there be some trick, which I have not found, to change and save these settings.
Thanks
Dooley
-
Senior Member
registered user
One reason why you may not be getting an answer is that you are posting in the wrong place. You can post this here if you want, but the folks who can help you aren't looking here. They're looking for people to help under the HD installation category. I'm not meaning to be rude or anything - I'd help you if I could - but I've never installed to HD. You need to abandon this thread and repost over there to get a good answer. Once you do, do a reply here with a link to your new thread, so that if anyone stumbles across this one, they know where to go to help you.
HTH
JD
-

Originally Posted by
j.drake
One reason why you may not be getting an answer is that you are posting in the wrong place. You can post this here if you want, but the folks who can help you aren't looking here. They're looking for people to help under the HD installation category. I'm not meaning to be rude or anything - I'd help you if I could - but I've never installed to HD. You need to abandon this thread and repost over there to get a good answer. Once you do, do a reply here with a link to your new thread, so that if anyone stumbles across this one, they know where to go to help you.
HTH
JD
Thanks for the help. I will try to post in the HD section.
Similar Threads
-
By ricesteam in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-03-2005, 07:31 PM
-
By linksta in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-06-2004, 10:27 PM
-
By Dooley in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 06-22-2004, 09:48 PM
-
By Kethinov in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-22-2003, 10:24 PM
-
By dokzeus in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-06-2003, 02:22 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Supermicro E200-8D Mini Server Xeon D-1528 6-Core 64GB ECC 1TB SSD 2x10GbE IPMI
$525.00

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00

HP PROLIANT MICROSERVER GEN8 E3-1220LV2 @ 2.30GHz, 8GB RAM, NO HDD/OS
$164.97

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99

Supermicro 5019D-4C-FN8TP Xeon D-2123IT (4C/8T) 64GB DDR4 10GbE 480GB 1U Server
$689.00

Supermicro E300-12C Mini 1U Barebone X12SCV-LVDS LGA1200 SNK-P0073A4 w/ Adapter
$225.00

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00