Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Mozilla Firefox Profiles.

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    21

    Mozilla Firefox Profiles.

    Hello, when I try to run mozilla firefox 0.9 it says my default profile is in use and I should create a new one so I can browse the web, although I could create a new one I'm curious if anyone knows why this problem occurs and how I can fix it? I used the command ps -A and browsed through the processes and couldn't fine firefox amongst them.

    Thanks alot.

  2. #2
    Not sure if it is the cause of the problem here, and I haven't installed 0.9 myself yet, but I just happened to be reading a review of FireFox 0.9 today - http://www.madpenguin.org/cms/html/47/1695.html - that mentioned a similar problem on Fedora Core 2. I think the problem was related to the default install having read-only permissions in non-root directories. Without knowing anything more and not having tried it yet, that's my best guess.

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    21
    Thanks alot, I'm sure I'll find my solution from this page since I was thinking of something similar, thanks again.

  4. #4
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    21
    Ok works for sure, there are only read permissions on the .mozilla folder and it's contents (it's a hidden folder) so I gave them the proper permissions and it works perfectly, thanks alot.

  5. #5
    Well I don't get to contribute to this forum very much, but I'm glad I could help!

Similar Threads

  1. firefox+pdf=very bad
    By maxIT in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-03-2005, 05:53 PM
  2. Uninstall Mozilla and Mozilla components
    By turbines in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-28-2004, 08:51 PM
  3. Mozilla Firefox
    By towjamb in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-14-2004, 10:24 PM
  4. apt-get install mozilla-firefox broke my apt
    By rhpot1991 in forum General Support
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-13-2004, 08:37 AM
  5. Clicking mailto links in Mozilla opens Mozilla Mail notKMail
    By lavaman094 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-03-2003, 06:32 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver picture

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver

$5.40



NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping* picture

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*

$24.00



Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module picture

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module

$699.99



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99



Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA picture

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA

$28.94



SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT picture

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT

$7.99



HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port  PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+ picture

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+

$16.99



Cisco SFP-10G-SR 10-2415-03 10 GigE SFP Transceiver Module picture

Cisco SFP-10G-SR 10-2415-03 10 GigE SFP Transceiver Module

$5.00



SFP QSFP Transceivers Programmer allows to corning and (re)programming sfp code picture

SFP QSFP Transceivers Programmer allows to corning and (re)programming sfp code

$108.09



Cisco QSFP-40/100-SRBD 100G 40GBase BiDi 100m LC Transceiver Module W/ Hologram picture

Cisco QSFP-40/100-SRBD 100G 40GBase BiDi 100m LC Transceiver Module W/ Hologram

$125.00