Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Boot from HD question

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    8

    Boot from HD question

    Hello,

    I want to boot Knoppix 3.4 from hard-disk. I read the Howto's but I'm still not sure on how to do it. I understand I need to have on a partition with the KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX file, and also all these autorun.bat etc. files, and I need a boot directory containing miniroot.gz and vmlinuz and maybe System.map as well.
    after I get the files there I need to configure LILO.

    Is this correct?
    Also I don't understand where to get the miniroot.gz file from.

    Thanks,

    Oded.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    8
    Ok, I figured out that in Knoppix 3.4 miniroot.gz is called minirt24.gz

    Thanks,

    Oded.

Similar Threads

  1. disk boot question
    By jasonpinko in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-06-2005, 12:20 AM
  2. Question about Knoppix boot?
    By JT13 in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-28-2005, 03:24 AM
  3. Boot up question
    By adamherb in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-02-2005, 04:07 PM
  4. Another non-boot question
    By neofile in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-22-2004, 01:21 AM
  5. Boot question.
    By PhantomOSX in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-26-2003, 12:37 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver picture

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver

$5.40



Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module picture

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module

$699.99



NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping* picture

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*

$24.00



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99



SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT picture

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT

$7.99



Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA picture

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA

$28.94



HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port  PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+ picture

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+

$16.99



Cisco SFP-10G-SR 10-2415-03 10 GigE SFP Transceiver Module picture

Cisco SFP-10G-SR 10-2415-03 10 GigE SFP Transceiver Module

$5.00



Cisco QSFP-40/100-SRBD 100G 40GBase BiDi 100m LC Transceiver Module W/ Hologram picture

Cisco QSFP-40/100-SRBD 100G 40GBase BiDi 100m LC Transceiver Module W/ Hologram

$125.00



HPE 560SFP 2x 10Gb SFP+ PCIe Both Profile Network Card 669279-001 665247-001 picture

HPE 560SFP 2x 10Gb SFP+ PCIe Both Profile Network Card 669279-001 665247-001

$14.90