-
Senior Member
registered user
[klik] Linux Feed Reader (RSS/RDF, CDF, Atom, OCS, and OPML)
Liferea is an abbreviation for Linux Feed Reader. It is a news aggregator for online news feeds. It supports a number of different feed formats including RSS/RDF, CDF, Atom, OCS, and OPML.
http://liferea.sourceforge.net/
Install it in Knoppix with klik://liferea (klik client must be installed)
-
There is another + simpler way
http://www.methodize.org/nntprss is another way to have RSS. You need sun's JAVA's JRE enabled, though.
But it is a nice way to do it in the Knoppix way:
When your run the JAVA a new server turns on and your RSS list is able to be read as another news group in your favourite news reader (4 x Mozilla's).
After stopping the JAVA server, the RSS news should not be able to refresh again.
This is a simple and cheap method of getting the same as others, but with very little economy.
-
Senior Member
registered user
This link (klik://liferea) used to work with knoppix 3.4 but now it doesn't. I understand this is one of the extended types of klik (to make any app klik-able) but is there a way to retrieve the older working version (I forgot to save it in my persistent home)
-
Senior Member
registered user
That's right, we are phasing out "old" klik. You can try the inofficial link klik://liferea@2004-02-09 with Knoppix 3.4 for now, but I didn't test it.
Greetings,
probono
-
Senior Member
registered user
Probono-
The older liferea link worked great (thanks!) but in light of your reply I have a couple questions:
1) since the "old" klik is being phased out, what happens to the original klik site, for those of us on knoppix earlier than v3.7?
2) Is there anyway to upgrade an earlier knoppix installation (HD based for remastering) to be compatible with the next-generation klik?
The reason I ask is because I have invested a very considerable time into creating my customized remaster of knoppix 3.4, with the intention of not upgrading until there is something I can't live without (since I'd have to start all over with my customizations)
Thanks for the great work!
-
Senior Member
registered user
It's probably best to install the apps from the old site now and back them up in a safe place.
I will try to find a solution since some people are still using older versions, but I can't promise I'll find one. part of the problem with old versions is that downloads would become very big for each klik'ed app since there are a lot of outdated libraries. One possibility would be to use a snapshot of debian that is as old as the Knoppix CD, but this means that you get old versions of the software. You can get this behavior by adding the undocumented suffix @2004-02-09 to any klik link.
Greetings,
probono
Similar Threads
-
By jjbergdolt in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-09-2005, 04:01 PM
-
By k.otaku in forum The Lounge
Replies: 15
Last Post: 01-04-2005, 01:49 AM
-
By gnarvaja in forum The Lounge
Replies: 5
Last Post: 12-11-2004, 07:43 PM
-
By ogami1972 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-06-2004, 09:45 PM
-
Replies: 210
Last Post: 12-04-2004, 03:04 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99

HP PROLIANT MICROSERVER GEN8 E3-1220LV2 @ 2.30GHz, 8GB RAM, NO HDD/OS
$164.97

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99

Supermicro E200-8D Mini Server Xeon D-1528 6-Core 64GB ECC 1TB SSD 2x10GbE IPMI
$525.00

Supermicro 505-2 Server
$280.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99