I'm wondering if there is a magnifier with or that can be used with Knoppix? I'd like to be able to use Knoppix, but I am blind and need to either magnify the screen or have it read. Are either of these possible?
Thanks,
Terrence
I'm wondering if there is a magnifier with or that can be used with Knoppix? I'd like to be able to use Knoppix, but I am blind and need to either magnify the screen or have it read. Are either of these possible?
Thanks,
Terrence
Hi Terrence,
KDE might have something better, but there's always the standard "xmag" X-windows tool. Anyway, google returned the following promising page listing several such utilities, some of which hopefully are only one apt-get away:
http://www.magnifiers.org/links/Scre...rs/UNIX_Linux/
Ironically, their choice of colors/fonts makes the page somewhat hard to read, imo ;-)
What does the KDE stand for? Is that a pfogram within Knoppix? Also, how does one get to the x-mag program? Does that come with the distribution?
Thanks,
TerrenceOriginally Posted by baldyeti
KDE is one of the two major desktop environments available on linux, the other one being gnome. KDE is the one included with knoppix. I just checked, and can confirm that xmag is on the CD, and kmag and xzoom are available as debian packages and can thusly be installed using apt-get. That is, if your knoppix has been installed to hard disk. To give xmag a try, simply type "xmag" from a console or from the <Alt><F2> prompt.
There is the possibility to set the screen-resolution in the file
to a lower resolution or use <Ctrl>-<Alt><+> to toggle through different resolutions.Code:/etc/X11/XF86Config-4
KDE means - K Desktop Environment, and I don't know what 'K' means, but think to remember that it stands for entirely nothing.

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00
Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00
Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99
$280.00
Supermicro E200-8D Mini Server Xeon D-1528 6-Core 64GB ECC 1TB SSD 2x10GbE IPMI
$525.00
SUPERMICRO CSE-836 XEON E5-1620 v3 @ 3.50GHz, 32GB RAM, NO HDD/OS
$299.99
Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99
New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99
Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$187.50
Supermicro CSE-216 No CPU No Ram No HDD Tested & Reset
$149.99