Here is what I get :

root@3[knoppix]# ls -la /dev/dvd
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 10 Aug 6 02:05 /dev/dvd -> /dev/cdrom
root@3[knoppix]# ls -la /dev/sr0
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 4 Aug 6 02:05 /dev/sr0 -> scd0
root@3[knoppix]# ls -la /dev/sr1
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 4 Aug 6 02:05 /dev/sr1 -> scd1
root@3[knoppix]# ls -la /dev/sr2
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 4 Aug 6 02:05 /dev/sr2 -> scd2
root@3[knoppix]# ls -la /dev/cdrom1
ls: /dev/cdrom1: No such file or directory
root@3[knoppix]# ls -la /dev/cdrom
ls: /dev/cdrom: No such file or directory

That is how my fstab pretty much came. I changed the cdrom to sr0 and that made my cdrom work. I changed /dev/dvd/dvd to /dev/sr2/dvd and that did nothing for me. Now I'm trying to fix my dvd drive. It reads the dvd disc as files and won't play anything. I was wondering why I had 2 entries for the cdrom myself. So what do I need to change to get this to work?