I have just tried with an older 10mbps card realtek 8109 and it works fine, but i'd prefer using the 100mbps card!!
I have a rtl8139 generic card (i have tried with 2 of them actually)
I can't boot Knoppix 3.3, 3.4 nor 3.6.
They hang detecting eth0 and broadcasting for ip.
Under windowsxp they work fine.
Under Mandrake 10 it hangs at same point when I tell the system to start network on boot, but if I disable network on boot and enable it later as root (ifup eth0 from console) they work fine.
It is very strange because i think i have used Knoppix on computers with very similar nic's.
Please help...
I have just tried with an older 10mbps card realtek 8109 and it works fine, but i'd prefer using the 100mbps card!!
Try boot with cheatcode : nodhcp
With nodhcp works, but later in kde when i try to acticvate it with ifup eth0 the computer hangs... maybe is gets wrong irq. where can iI change the irq??
With mandrake move it works fine too (I tried it yesterday)
try the "noapic" cheatcode, known to help with certain realtek chipsets
check for conflicting irq
Run command : cat /proc/pci

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00
Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99
$280.00
Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$187.50
Supermicro E200-8D Mini Server Xeon D-1528 6-Core 64GB ECC 1TB SSD 2x10GbE IPMI
$525.00
SUPERMICRO CSE-836 XEON E5-1620 v3 @ 3.50GHz, 32GB RAM, NO HDD/OS
$299.99
Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99
New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99
Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99
Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00