-
Senior Member
registered user
Product Key Code - I need a new one...
I just reinstalled XP after partitioning my drive and I don't have the product key code to activate it. I borrowed the cd from somebody else and they seem to have lost the key also. I have a code but it is not authorized and I don't know how to get a new one.
My computer came with windows installed on it and I did not get a disc or any type of reinstallation stuff to fix it if I had any problems. I do have recovery discs to run, but they partition my drive the way they want it to be so I cannot use this because it will wipe out my partitions. I now have XP kanotix knoppix mandrake and win98. The XP one is the one that is giving me problems with the key code.
Can I get someone else's to try? Here is the one I have that is not working and here is how to get the XP code off your computer:
[removed by mod]
Any help would be appreciated.
-
rrfish72,
This is really not the place to ask for this buddy.
-
Junior Member
registered user
Try Belarc Advisor. It should be able to lookup all the software keys in your Windows partition. Works for most software titles, not just windoze.
JP
-
Senior Member
registered user
Heh. Thats a classic. Hurra for restore cds.
Did you wipe the partition on which you install Xp?
Before ever running the setup program.
With recovercds, its an OEM key and that wont work if it sees
anything windows like during the install.
You cannot use this key if you install XP over the old install.
Its not considered a OEM install and hence you need different key.
I had the same problem and used XpKeyChanger to create a key that would allow me to
install over the old install allowing me to keep my settings.
This, however, its not legal and you might have problems using Windows Update.
Btw: Funny place to post about XP keys....
Similar Threads
-
By maxIT in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-16-2005, 08:13 PM
-
By ShadowAce in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-04-2005, 07:35 PM
-
By madsrini in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-30-2004, 12:08 PM
-
By ghostdancer in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-29-2004, 09:50 AM
-
By vynx in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-01-2003, 08:38 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$100.00

Western Digital Blue 3D NAND 500GB Internal 2.5" SSD - WDS500G2B0A
$49.99

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - Black...
$30.00

Intel Solid-State Drive DC S3500 Series 240GB Internal 2.5" (SSDSC2BB240G4P) SSD
$29.99

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.00

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$39.99

Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot
$119.99