-
Senior Member
registered user
Probono,
I saw your tip about how to get these usb based devices working on another post and it has helped me out greatly. My problem has to do with encryption. I can't seem to get it to work.
I'm using a Linksys usb wireles adapter (WUSB12). I have tried my best to get things going by looking at the info here and here, but to no avail.
Basically the above mentioned posts got me to include my encryption info in /etc/wlan/wlan.conf. But after doing this I can no longer use pump to grab an ip address.
Have you had any luck getting WEP to work?
Basically I have turned it off at this point and have set up my WAP to allow only certain mac addresses to connect. I would really like to get WEP working though.
BTW, I got everything to start up automatically by putting your commands into a bash script and placing it in /etc/init.d and then putting a symbolic link to it in /etc/rc5.d Works for me.
Thanks for any advice you guys have to offer on WEP.
Adam
Similar Threads
-
By aebp in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-15-2005, 03:21 AM
-
By pureone in forum The Lounge
Replies: 7
Last Post: 12-18-2004, 01:54 AM
-
By repwatuso in forum Ideas
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-18-2004, 07:03 PM
-
By Sparticat in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-02-2004, 04:57 AM
-
By andymadigan in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-14-2003, 12:19 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00

Supermicro E300-12C Mini 1U Barebone X12SCV-LVDS LGA1200 SNK-P0073A4 w/ Adapter
$225.00

Supermicro E200-8D Mini Server Xeon D-1528 6-Core 64GB ECC 1TB SSD 2x10GbE IPMI
$525.00

HP PROLIANT MICROSERVER GEN8 E3-1220LV2 @ 2.30GHz, 8GB RAM, NO HDD/OS
$164.97

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99