-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
A. Jorge Garcia
One of the reasons openMOSIX appealed to me is all the monitoring software that made it easy to see that the cluster was actually doing something! I saw on your website that Ganglia is now on your ISO, that's great too!
Maybe I have been out of the clustering loop too long but I figure I can contribute something helpful.
I setup & presented a Bewowulf cluster that used PVM for my SysAdmin2 class. I posted my slides online at my webpage http://www.virtualacuity.com/james/projects.html. In particular I used xpvm, a PVM monitoring tool for X, and it allowed me to see how the cluster was operating. In my slides, slide number 17 shows full utilization of the cluster across 5 nodes. The slides are now dated & old (this was before mosix was forked into OpenMosix) but the images are proof that it works.
I hope this helps.
James
Similar Threads
-
By dvryknopper in forum Other Live CDs
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-15-2006, 11:05 AM
-
By daisuke0kun in forum Klik
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-10-2005, 11:55 AM
-
By mcreel in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-26-2005, 09:00 AM
-
By mcreel in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-07-2004, 09:55 AM
-
By mcreel in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-18-2004, 09:17 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

Supermicro E300-12C Mini 1U Barebone X12SCV-LVDS LGA1200 SNK-P0073A4 w/ Adapter
$225.00

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99

Supermicro 5019D-4C-FN8TP Xeon D-2123IT (4C/8T) 64GB DDR4 10GbE 480GB 1U Server
$689.00

Supermicro E200-8D Mini Server Xeon D-1528 6-Core 64GB ECC 1TB SSD 2x10GbE IPMI
$525.00

Supermicro 505-2 Server
$280.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99