-
Junior Member
registered user
How to export Knoppix /home for NFS?
I'm trying to export the /home directory in Knoppix 3.6 cdrom
as an NFS share for other computers to use.
The problem is /home is symlinked to /ramdisk/home.
I get errors when I
exportfs -rav
whether I specify
/home or /ramdisk/home or /ramdisk/home
in the /etc/exports file.
No problem exporting Knoppix / for read write access to the rest of the tree but that excludes since it's on a different volume (the ramdisk).
But I can't seem to mount
/home -> /ramdisk/home
no matter what I put in /etc/exports.
What should I put in /etc/exports to allow me access to home?
Surely someone has done this.
Larry Alkoff
Similar Threads
-
By uw2005 in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-09-2005, 06:08 AM
-
By mailman42 in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-14-2005, 07:43 PM
-
By ktheking in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 6
Last Post: 01-02-2004, 09:35 PM
-
By dave52355 in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 11-14-2003, 08:46 PM
-
By Coume in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 08-06-2003, 06:42 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

Supermicro 505-2 Server
$280.00

Supermicro E200-8D Mini Server Xeon D-1528 6-Core 64GB ECC 1TB SSD 2x10GbE IPMI
$525.00

SUPERMICRO CSE-836 XEON E5-1620 v3 @ 3.50GHz, 32GB RAM, NO HDD/OS
$299.99

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$187.50

Supermicro CSE-216 No CPU No Ram No HDD Tested & Reset
$149.99