That should have been part of the install. Didn't you set passwords and user names when doing the install?
I just installed knoppix on my machine (knoppix-installer). I would like to stabilish the root and user passwords.
How can I do that??
That should have been part of the install. Didn't you set passwords and user names when doing the install?
Passwords are not set during the install if it's a knoppix style install.
You can set (or change) the passwords with the command 'sudo passwd' (for root) or 'sudo passwd knoppix' (for user knoppix).
CrashedAgain is right.
I did a so fast installation that I got myself confused if the system had ever asked me for the root and user passwords. I think not.
I''ll follow CrashedAgain advice. I'll set passwords as his directions.
Thaks all.

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00
Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99
$280.00
Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$187.50
Supermicro E200-8D Mini Server Xeon D-1528 6-Core 64GB ECC 1TB SSD 2x10GbE IPMI
$525.00
SUPERMICRO CSE-836 XEON E5-1620 v3 @ 3.50GHz, 32GB RAM, NO HDD/OS
$299.99
Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99
New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99
Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99
Supermicro CSE-216 No CPU No Ram No HDD Tested & Reset
$149.99