-
Connect to LAN
I use CD based knoppix on an IBM thinkpad t41 with centrino. Wireless connection comes up no problem but I cannot connect to other machines on my LAN using their internal nat'd IPs. I have ssh port forwarded to another box on my LAN and connect to it via my external address. From there I can reach all other IPs on my LAN.
I'm thinking it has something to do with the netmask but everything looks fine to me. Anyone else experienced this problem?
Here's some key info from ifconfig:
eth0 Link encap:Ethernet
inet addr:192.168.0.161 Bcast:192.168.0.255 Mask:255.255.255.0
--
And from another box on the LAN:
etho
inet addr:192.168.0.134 Bcast:192.168.0.255 Mask:255.255.255.0
-
Kinda funny
... So the problem is that I'm actually connecting to the first available WLAN out there... which happens to be someone else's, which makes perfect sense in that I didn't have to enter my WEP key... or their's... which prolly means - yup default admin
Similar Threads
-
By jrev in forum Networking
Replies: 8
Last Post: 10-18-2005, 10:00 AM
-
By byrdman in forum Networking
Replies: 13
Last Post: 09-24-2005, 09:51 PM
-
By redss in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-04-2004, 05:52 PM
-
By sebke in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-03-2004, 04:11 PM
-
By CrashedAgain in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-11-2003, 06:11 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

Supermicro E300-12C Mini 1U Barebone X12SCV-LVDS LGA1200 SNK-P0073A4 w/ Adapter
$225.00

HP PROLIANT MICROSERVER GEN8 E3-1220LV2 @ 2.30GHz, 8GB RAM, NO HDD/OS
$164.97

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99

Supermicro E200-8D Mini Server Xeon D-1528 6-Core 64GB ECC 1TB SSD 2x10GbE IPMI
$525.00

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

Supermicro 505-2 Server
$280.00