There's some problems I'm aware of
1) If you have rather a lot of devices, then the sequence at the beginning of qemu*/qemu-knoppix.bat won't find your CD and things won't work. I'm not a Windows programmer;if someone could take a look and come up with a better way, please post it here.
2) If your machine can't make 1 GB of swap space available, things won't work. It is possble to reduce the size requirement, but then you get slower speed. Again look in the qemu*/qemu-knoppix.bat .
3) I have found it to work on WindowsXP, and not work on Windows95. Others have said it does not work on Windows ME. Looks like we have a 'mixed' result on Windows 98. Don't know why, possibly how 'qemu' is built.

QEMU can boot in 2 modes ...
1) You get it to boot a 'boot diskette' or 'boot cd', and then run the files off the CD.
2) You get it to boot a 700MB 'boot CD' iso file.

Mode (1) is needed to construct a CD which can boot 'real' and 'virtual'; this is how I left the Knoppix37-for-Windows set up. It looks like you converted things to mode (2), fine, but you get a CD which only 'boots' under Windows. Or an ISO file which runs Linux under Windows without a CD, which can be useful too.

I take the point about speed. It's enough for some purposes ... like learning, running an 'xterm' and a 'ssh', NFS-mounting and using an editor. And as PCs get faster, it will get faster too.

Sorry about how long it takes to download. My broadband is going flat-out (11 CDs and a DVD ... the DVD requesters know it will take the best part of a week, but at least they get a Live Linux DVD at the end of it even if the 'Linux-under-Windows' is slow)

If you want to make a better CD, or reconnect to the 'torrent' so that others can download it faster, that's fine too. I'd say 'thanks' for either ...

You'd probably get thanks for writing better documentation for QEMU, as well

Chris.