I wanted to install the french version of knoppix onto my hd
so i wrote
boot: knoppix26 2 lang=fr
it worked perfectectly.
on a console, i put:
$ IGNORE_CHECK=1 knoppix-installer
and configure and write configuration
it worked
i modified .knofig:
SYSTEM_TYPE="beginner"
HD_MODULE="configured"
HD_FORMAT="yes"
HD_FSTYPE="ext3"
HD_CHOICE="/dev/hda6"
HD_MAP="/dev/hda1:/boot /dev/hda7:/home"
HD_IGNORECHECK="no"
SWAP_MODULE="configured"
SWAP_AUTODETECT="yes"
SWAP_CHOICES=""
NAME_MODULE="configured"
NAME_NAME="xxx"
USER_MODULE="configured"
USER_NAME="xxx"
USERPASS_MODULE="configured"
USERPASS_CRYPT="xxx"
ROOTPASS_MODULE="configured"
ROOTPASS_CRYPT="xxx"
HOST_MODULE="configured"
HOST_NAME="xxx"
SERVICES_MODULE="configured"
SERVICES_START="kdm ssh samba"
BOOT_MODULE="configured"
BOOT_LOADER="lilo"
BOOT_DISK="no"
BOOT_WHERE="mbr"
INSTALL_READY="yes"
I re-do a knoppix-installer
and it begins to install
at 80% of completion, problems.................................
a lot of cp problems with i/o errors
I verified memory with knoppix memtest
I verified hd with construtor's utilities
I verified the checksums with md5sums
all work well!
the same problem appeared with english language (boot: knoppix26 2)
i didn't test with german because i'm not good with it.
the same problem without dma (boot: knoppix26 2 nodma lang=fr)
and in graphical mode (boot: knoppix26 lang=fr)
and with 2.4 kernel (boot: knoppix 2 lang=fr)
any idea?

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98
Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00
1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$202.50
USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75
Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00
USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$369.59
M321R4GA0BB0-CQK Samsung 32GB PC5-38400 DDR5-4800MHz Registered ECC CL40 RDIMM
$949.00
Memory Card Reader Mini 26-IN-1 USB 2.0 High Speed For CF xD SD MS SDHC
$4.95
Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick
$218.79