-
Renaming the /KNOPPIX file and making it work
Hi,
I am working on a remaster with specific requirements. The assignments requires me to make a customized distro with the spcific softwares. I can do that. I would like to know how do I name my /cdrom/KNOPPIX file (the big 700 mb) file to something else. I looked into miniroot.gz and if I change all softlinks to point toward something like
Code:
/boot -> /CUSTOM/boot
and so on for everylink and change the references to the /KNOPPIX in linuxrc file wud it be done or do I need to do something else as well. Also when the distro is booting, I want a custom logo to be displayed, I remember in an old remaster (with version 3.2 or something) it was given, can someone tell me how to do that.
After the distro have booted silently (bootsplash) I need to run a script which will install it to hd, with default config provided in a script. That is not the problem but this process shud be done in framebuffer (for asthetics) which i have never done before.
Any help on all these topics will be appriciated. Specially the /KNOPPIX to /CUSTOM part.
Thanks a lot
Similar Threads
-
By Aspra in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 7
Last Post: 01-31-2006, 12:31 PM
-
By knithx in forum Networking
Replies: 6
Last Post: 01-02-2006, 09:02 PM
-
By sunburnt in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-17-2005, 07:15 PM
-
By DunkyB in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-15-2005, 03:17 PM
-
By Neb00 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 08-23-2004, 01:07 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00

Supermicro E300-12C Mini 1U Barebone X12SCV-LVDS LGA1200 SNK-P0073A4 w/ Adapter
$225.00

Supermicro E200-8D Mini Server Xeon D-1528 6-Core 64GB ECC 1TB SSD 2x10GbE IPMI
$525.00

HP PROLIANT MICROSERVER GEN8 E3-1220LV2 @ 2.30GHz, 8GB RAM, NO HDD/OS
$164.97

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00

Supermicro 505-2 Server
$280.00