-
NOO-B Graphics Driver Installed?
I used "kxconfig" and changed the vid card so I can get a 800X600 resolution instead of a 640X480. I changed the resolution to 800X600 in the kxconfig and it said i need to rerun KNOPPIX to get the changes. I'm booting KNOPPIX on a PC that isn't mine, it didn't seem to save the settings even though it confirmed the save. I rebooted and went to Control Center and the only resolution choice is 640X480, nothing changed. I used the generic vga driver since the integrated intel card wasn't in the intel list.
How do I go about getting the resolution issue resolved?
Does the Mozilla Firebird cookies and internet files get saved to the hard drive, if so how do I go about deleting them?
-
-
Senior Member
registered user
When it says it saved, it just saved to the home folder which is deleted on reboot, same with mozilla files.
You need a saved config or PH to save changes.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Like firebyrd10 says, if you are running from CD you cannot save a configuration unless you install a 'persistent home' on the computer HD. But you just might be able to get the video configuration you want to work by selecting 'end session only' instead of shutdown when you log out. This will restart the X server which might then start up in the new video configuration.
Similar Threads
-
By param85047 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-03-2006, 03:31 PM
-
By yonu in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-16-2006, 10:14 PM
-
By z-unit in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-20-2005, 12:09 AM
-
By williamb in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-11-2005, 02:49 AM
-
By hamatoma in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-25-2003, 04:13 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00

Supermicro E300-12C Mini 1U Barebone X12SCV-LVDS LGA1200 SNK-P0073A4 w/ Adapter
$225.00

Supermicro E200-8D Mini Server Xeon D-1528 6-Core 64GB ECC 1TB SSD 2x10GbE IPMI
$525.00

HP PROLIANT MICROSERVER GEN8 E3-1220LV2 @ 2.30GHz, 8GB RAM, NO HDD/OS
$164.97

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00

Supermicro 505-2 Server
$280.00