Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Grip - CD ripper

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    48

    Grip - CD ripper

    How to install Grip under Knoppix 3.9.
    It is a CD ripper that allows to generate mp3 files.

    The package grip requires a lot of libraries among them libbonobo2-0.
    When I try to install libbonobo2-0 it says libbonobo2-common is required.
    When I try to install libbonobo2-common it says libbonobo2-0 is required.
    How to solve the problem?

    Is there an alternative solution with an other nice CD ripper easier to install?

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    48
    OK. I finally discovered ripperx that works well.
    But the problem with instlling the libraries is still open.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1,323
    Did you try: apt-get install libbonobo2-common libbonobo2-0
    That is, both at the same time.

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Salt Lake City, UT, U.S.A.
    Posts
    1,338
    or, even better,
    apt-get install grip libbonobo2-common libbonobo2-0

    why not, get it ALL at the same time

    ( btw, take a look at abcde as well )

  5. #5
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    48
    Many thanks.

    Until now I used kpackage.
    I feel it is equivalent to apt-get with a graphic interface.

    I also tried kpackage-special-repair.
    It installed the 2 libbonobo files.

  6. #6
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Salt Lake City, UT, U.S.A.
    Posts
    1,338
    Quote Originally Posted by jjbergdolt
    Many thanks.

    Until now I used kpackage.
    I feel it is equivalent to apt-get with a graphic interface.

    I also tried kpackage-special-repair.
    It installed the 2 libbonobo files.
    Another good GUI (front-end) for apt is synaptic - not really tried kpackage, I usually use the native apt commands, or, in a pinch, will use synaptic...

    Lots of options, not any one of them a wrong answer though

Similar Threads

  1. Grip lists lame, but it seems to be missing: how to install?
    By keenPenguin in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-13-2007, 06:50 PM
  2. Problem installing DVD Ripper
    By JockVSJock in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-30-2004, 02:53 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS picture

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS

$199.00



Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset picture

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset

$129.99



Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On picture

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On

$450.00



Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC picture

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC

$250.00



New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G picture

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G

$449.99



Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram  240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ* picture

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*

$369.99



Supermicro E200-8D Mini Server Xeon D-1528 6-Core 64GB ECC 1TB SSD 2x10GbE IPMI picture

Supermicro E200-8D Mini Server Xeon D-1528 6-Core 64GB ECC 1TB SSD 2x10GbE IPMI

$525.00



Supermicro CSE-815-5 4B LFF Xeon E3-1240v5 16GB DDR4 1x 9361-8i 4x 1TB SATA HDD picture

Supermicro CSE-815-5 4B LFF Xeon E3-1240v5 16GB DDR4 1x 9361-8i 4x 1TB SATA HDD

$484.00



Supermicro 505-2   Server picture

Supermicro 505-2 Server

$280.00



Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset picture

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset

$129.99